Lectors are Individuals who proclaim the Word of God from the lectionary to the assembly.
Basic requirements include:
- Must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation or in the second year of preparing to do so
- Receive formal training; approximately 7-8 hours
- Commit to using the Lector's Workbook in preparing for the assigned reading
- Commit to a particular liturgy on a rotating basis scheduled quarterly by the Lector coordinator
- Responsible for finding substitute in case of absence.
Commitment needed: Varies due to the number of lectors available for each liturgy.